Prevention is better than the cure: Is your charity doing enough to protect from cyber attacks?
44% of charities aren’t protecting themselves from cyber attacks because they simply don’t see themselves at risk, leaving them vulnerable to costly security breaches (the average cost of a cyber breach to a charity in 2019 is nearly 10k).
On Thursday 18th July we were joined with NCSC to talk you through some of the precautions you can take to safeguard your charity. You can catch up by clicking the link above.
What you’ll learn:
- The common cyber attacks charities are falling victim to, and how to spot the danger signs
- The benefits of being certified under the Cyber Essentials scheme
- How to make the most of your available data
- Recommended next steps when your charity is thinking about taking the Cyber Essentials route and how to get certified
- NCSC Penetration Testing
- Cyber Essential – Certificate search
- Cyber Essential – Advice and checklist
- Cyber Essential – Extra guidance
- NCSC – TLS to protect data
- NCSC and Charity Digital – Prevention is better than the cure
Catch up on NCSC’s other webinars: