$10,000 prizes for charities telling effective digital stories
TechSoup is running global competition to encourage charities to tell their stories with digital media.
Charities have until 31 October 2017 to submit to TechSoup’s biggest storytelling project to date, which helps non-profits create videos and photos that tell their story in an engaging, effective way.
In addition to awarding prizes to successful applicants, TechSoup is providing a series of Storymakers-specific webinars, online hangouts, social-media events, and in-person workshops – including one held in London by the NetSquared London meetup. The online resources are free and available here.
“TechSoup envisions a world where NGOs – no matter what size their budget – have the capacity to create digital videos and take photos that leave an impact,” shared Lewis Haidt, TechSoup Senior Manager for the Storymakers campaign.
“With effective storytelling, nonprofits can fundraise more successfully and better advocate for themselves. We are proud to provide tools that help make this happen, whether you are in Kansas or in Kenya.”
The contest closes on 31 October 2017. A community voting period begins November 1, 2017 and runs for two weeks, with winners announced on 20 November 2017.
There are five award categories:
- Local Impact — open to nonprofit organisations with a budget of less than $500,000 USD or local equivalent
- Driving Change — open to nonprofit organisations with a budget of $500,000 to $1 million USD or local equivalent, (sponsored by Adobe)
- Shifting the Future — open to nonprofit organisations with a budget of more than $1 million USD or local equivalent
- Orbis Unum — open only to organisations based outside the US
- People’s Choice Award — picked by the TechSoup community
Details about the Storymakers 2017 campaign can be found at info.techsoup.org.