How to make the most of Instagram
Instagram is a great platform for capturing spontaneous moments and giving insight into what your charity gets up to behind the scenes. Check out these top tips for a great Instagram strategy.
The platform is now bigger than Twitter and is used by over half of young adults aged 18-29.
Check out these top tips for making the most of Instagram:
- Involve people directly in action. It feels very personal, very “live-action.” Whether you’re on the frontline or in the office, share a snap of what you’re doing to harbour a personal connection with your followers.
- Build your brand. Cover issues and success stories related to your charity. Tailor your posts to go hand in hand with what is happening around the world.
- Get supporters involved. Ask your Instagram community to take part in photo challenges or use a specific hashtag to boost engagement.
- Connect with young people. Instagram have a massive youth following. What do young people care about? Be aware of key dates and issues that young people face on a day-to-day basis. Use direct experiences of young people and encourage others to share their stories.
- Be clear on what you want to achieve. What are your goals? Engage with what is trending among the Instagram community and get involved when you can.