15th Feb 18 Matt Moorut
Charities to learn how to protect themselves online at London event
On 6th March the Charities Security Forum is holding its annual conference, THINK Charity, which will address the cybersecurity challenges facing the charity sector.
On 6th March the Charities Security Forum is holding its annual conference, THINK Charity, in Marble Arch, London.
It is vital that charities are made more aware of the information security threats facing them today and how these can impact on the broader initiatives of the charity.
THINK Charity is dedicated to addressing the challenges facing the charity sector, including:
- The rise in online donations and subsequent rise in phishing and other fraudulent activities
- IT risk and governance: particularly in a sector where there are many part time or volunteer members of staff
- Ensuring trustees and other key charity stakeholders are aware of IT security challenges and their roles and responsibilities in respect of this
- How to responsibly harvest, store, use and protect data gathered
- How to protect their organisation against a myriad of threats on a very small budget
The conference is split into three sections: threats, human factors and information governance. Speakers in each section present for 15 minutes in succession, before taking part in a Q&A panel with the audience.
Click here to book your place.