19th Feb 18 Chloe Green
Using social media to boost fundraising: top tips
Social media can play a much larger role in the fundraising process than simply serving as a medium for donations. By learning how to embed social media throughout the fundraising process, you can turn cause-driven interest into action and ultimately donations.
Check out these top tips from Carlos Miranda, founder of Social Misfits Media and Alissa Steiner, digital marketing officer at Turn2Us:
- Identify with your audience. Start conversations with people who are liking, sharing, or commenting on things related to your cause.
- Make the most of existing networks. Use promoted posts to reach people who are already friends of your followers, or who have identiﬁed an interest in your cause.
- Build relationships by asking and answering questions, and listening to what they have to say.
- Bring your mission to life by telling stories about your volunteers, the projects you’re working on, and the people whose lives you touch through great content
- Have a strong, emotive message to show people what they’ll be contributing to if they donate to your cause.
- Make donating easy by ensuring you can receive donations through online and mobile channels.
- Add a personal element by thanking your donors and supporters on social media.
- Create shareable content. Include social sharing buttons on the last step of your donation or sign up process so supporters can share with their networks.