19th Feb 18 Chloe Green
7 online fundraising tips for charities
1. Get marketing. Promote your online fundraising capacity in newsletters, on your website, and social media channels.
2. Explore all options. Would you rather set up your own system to process credit card donations, or go through a company which offers the service?
3. Make your website attractive and easy to navigate. Include a call to action button which stands out on the page.
4. Avoid email spamming as it’s likely to put off potential donors rather than draw them in.
5. Show people what previous donations have achieved. On your website, include testimonials and video content of money going to good use.
6. Segment your donors. Segment based on age, gender, income, interests, previous giving history, geography, or role, such as donor or volunteer and develop versions of your email campaigns to fit targeted groups.
7. Don’t forget to say thank you! Ensure that online donors get an email that’s more than just a receipt.