19th Feb 18 Chloe Green
10 e-Newsletter best practices for charities
Despite the rapid rise of social media, email remains a key channel for charities looking to connect with their supporters.
- Ensure that your emails can be read on a mobile device.
- Keep text to a minimum and focus on 1-5 stories or calls-to-action
- Keep a donate button and social media icons at the top of the newsletter
- Enable social sharing
- Use video screenshots linking directly to your website or YouTube channel
- Test sending your e-Newsletter more regularly
- Subject lines need to be short and eye-catching
- Encourage people to sign up to your e-Newsletter through your website and blog
- Create ‘Subscribe’ graphics to promote on social networks
- Avoid sending BCC emails with attached PDFs which will be marked as spam.