21st Feb 18 Austin Clark
5 things you need to know about charity crowdfunding
Crowdfunding provides a great opportunity for charities to extend their reach, raise awareness and to find new donors. Here are five essential tips to bear in mind when launching a campaign.
Crowdfunding provides a great opportunity for charities to extend their reach, raise awareness and to find new donors.
In a recent article for the Guardian, Jess Ratty brand communications manager at Crowdfunder shares her top tips.
- Prepare. Have a clear idea of what you are funding, a set fundraising target and timeframe.
- Build your team, giving individual roles. Spread the responsibilities across the whole organisation rather than just the fundraising team, encouraging people to share the campaign on their own social networks.
- Have realistic goals. Simon Walker, head coach at Crowdfunder, said: “Charities will need to think about how they can create fantastic rewards that benefit what they are raising the funds for – and giving their supporters a real, tangible reason to pledge.”
- Reward your supporters. When people pledge, give them a gift to say thank you. Get in touch with local businesses to ask for products that can be used as rewards for the campaign.
- Warm up your community before the project goes live. Send emails, promote the campaign on social media and encourage your supporters to share the link to the crowdfunding site.
- Once it’s live, keep momentum. Set up a dedicated hashtag to ensure people keep talking about the campaign and continue to promote it.
Click here for the full article.