Top 5 tips for engaging millennials
Are charities missing a trick when it comes to communicating with Generation Y? Check out these top five tips which look at what charities can do to engage young donors.
According to a new report from Give As You Live, ‘Generation Y and their Charity Giving Habits’, millennials are the demographic which give least money to charity, but they represent the fundraisers of the future.
- Encourage sharing. Run social media campaigns which promote sharing and peer-to-peer fundraising, for example, #nomakeupselfie.
- Millenials would rather volunteer than give money. Demonstrate how their help can make an impact – they want to see real results!
- Be ever-present on all platforms. Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly so that information can be accessed quickly and easily. Pay attention to other, lesser known social media channels such as Snapchat and Pinterest to stay ahead of the game.
- Tell a story and promote informal chat. Increase emotional engagement by sharing real-life stories of the work you are doing. Ensure your social media voice is consistent and human; no one wants to talk to a robot.
- Crowdfunding is key. Millenials love the ease of online donations and the ability for users to share stories with potential supporters.