Charities on Snapchat: top 7 tips
In a recent post for the Guardian Voluntary Sector Network, Will Barker, public relations and digital officer at Tenovus, shares his top tips on how charities can make the most out of Snapchat.
Most charities by now are embracing Facebook, Twitter, even Instagram. But what about Snapchat?
The popular social media tool allows users to send a photo to friends, but it only stays on their screen for a few seconds before disappearing into cyber space.
- Learn from those who have done it well. Do your research and try to mimic successful techniques.
- Think outside the box. How can Snapchat work alongside the methods of communication already in place?
- Create unique and exclusive content. Share teasers leading up to an event or upcoming campaign which only your Snapchat supporters can gain insight to.
- Think about the pros. In this day and age, you can never be on too many social media channels.
- Don’t expect everyone to be on Snapchat. You’ll be communicating with a fairly small group compared with your other methods of communication.
- Don’t forget your great ideas. How might it work alongside Snapchat?
- Don’t ignore it. Millions of people use the channel every day, so it would be unwise to brush it under the carpet.
Click here for the full article.