19th Feb 18 Chloe Green
Connecting Facebook supporters to your email list
Here are a few tips for charities who wish to encourage their supporters on Facebook to sign up to their email lists.
It’s important for charities to have an effective email marketing strategy in place as well as a strong Facebook presence, because supporters are more likely to donate if they are being contacted directly via email.
So how can you get supporters to sign up to your email list?
- Outline the positives. You could offer an e-book, regular tips, or entry into a competition.
- Put an opt-in form on Facebook. Keep it simple and easy to fill in so as not to put off potential donors.
- Accessibility matters, not design. Rather than focusing solely on a fantastic design, think more carefully about font size, content, use of colour and arrows to direct attention.
- Don’t get too personal. Just ask for a name and email address. Other information can always be sourced later on.
- Go mobile. Make the site and email list sign-up form available to view on smartphones.
- Promote your list. Encourage people to sign up by posting and sharing photos.