19th Feb 18 Chloe Green
How can charities deliver great digital service?
Here are a few tips which will help your charity keep on top of technological trends to maintain a high level of service.
Delivering good digital service is essential to a charity’s success. Organisations should embrace new technologies available to them to improve online engagement. Chief executive of Connect Assist, Patrick Nash, shares his tips to help your charity keep on top of technological trends to maintain a high level of service.
- Accessibility. Offer a number of different ways to donate, opening up the process to as many people as possible. Some of the most successful campaigns gain support through websites, social media channels and online chat. Make it possible for donors to pledge anytime and anywhere.
- Be interactive. Make information clear and easy to access. Set up web chat, email or skype, to allow users to engage with the site’s content.
- Do your research. Know your demographic inside and out. Information can be gained through the use of focus groups and interviews to discover exactly which areas of technology your supporters engage with.
- Review your service. Regularly test the services you offer to users ensure that they are working as they should be. This will overall increase the satisfaction of your demographic.
- Make the most of apps. With over half of all web browsing performed via mobile devices, it would be damaging to underestimate the power of making your service accessible from mobile platforms such as smartphones and tablets. Try an innovative app to engage fundraisers.