Five apps to benefit your charity
Here is a round up of some clever apps which could make your campaign more effective.
Charities are realising the potential of mobile and its success in generating support for a cause. Many non-profits are creating mobile-friendly websites, fundraising platforms and innovative apps. Below are five mobile apps which could benefit your organisation.
- DailyFeats enables users to earn points for doing significant acts such as volunteering for a nonprofit.
- Square. This platform allows your charity to receive donations through a tablet or iPhone with the use of a small card reader plugged into the headphone jack.
- Cause.it. This app shares information about your organisation with everyone who has downloaded it. It allows members to sign up for events and bring on other recruits.
- VolunteerMatch. If you need volunteers, this app will help you find them. You can advertise on the app, specifying any skills or interests which are desirable.
- MyWhereAbouts. Users can keep track of their progress and share information through other social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. If taking part in a charity run, supporters can literally view their progress.