Video dominates the internet and is forecast to grow strongly into the future and the fact that you are reading this article probably means you know how powerful video is. But why is video such a powerful medium?
Here are 10 reasons why videos can work for you, according to video movie agency, Movey:
1. Videos show you in the most human way currently possible. People buy from people is an old adage and it is no less true in an online scenario than face-to-face. Video is far better than face-to-face in the sense that you can craft your message to perfection and deliver it in a clear, concise way, which is not always possible in a crowded room.
2. Videos are editable. If the message you want to get across needs to change, or the people delivering it move on, then so can your video. Don’t think of videos as static, like an outdated brochure or catalogue. They are living, breathing creations that evolve.
3. People don’t have time to read through vast amounts of text so it can be simpler to show supporters a video than give them still images and words. Words can sometimes be misinterpreted but a video cannot. Videos build trust in your brand.
4. Video makes for more engaging emails. These days, everyone’s inbox is filled with all kinds of messages. From colleagues, family, social media notifications and marketing emails. These days you have to do so much more to stand out from the crowd. Video can help you to be noticed… and for your emails to be opened. Statistics clearly show that videos help achieve much better email opening rates than text and images alone.
5. Video works hand-in-hand with your social media campaign. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google, receiving some 4 billion views every single day. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram encourage video and people have an insatiable appetite for it, precisely because it is more engaging. Once viewers start engaging with your brand and sharing your content, they are on the right road.
6. You will stand out from the crowd. The human brain remembers more from images than text. Therefore, it goes without saying that if you have a more engaging video than other charities you are more likely to win a viewer’s trust and support.
7. Improve your search engine optimisation (SEO). If there is a video on your web page, it is likely to boost your ranking. Visitors to your website will stick around for longer to watch a video. The longer they hang around, the more likely they are to engage with your brand.
8. Humans are emotional creatures and react to videos that engage them. That doesn’t mean of course that your video has to contain a cute kitten to make people watch it and engage but the underlying driver is clear. When you have a compelling video it engages people and naturally increases interest in your brand.
9. Videos can explain all kinds of things. Did you know that if you Google “How to put on a duvet cover”, you will find an array of videos to explain how to do it. If you have to explain something on a repeated basis, video can take on the burden.
10. Videos are always available. People are always connected with their smartphones, answering emails in the early hours and watching video content. When your doors have closed and there is no human on the end of the phone, videos are there for you.
So there you have it… 10 brilliant ways that videos work for you.
Erin Niimi Longhurst (@ErinNiimi), Communications and Social Media Advisor at Social Misfits Media, discusses why your charity should be on Instagram, and how can you make the most out of the platform?
As the UK's departure from the European Union is formally triggered, the House of Lords Committee on charities has warned it could cost charities £200m
A new report published by the House of Lords Select Committee on Charities has outlined the role digital technology can play in the future success of charities
New report make number of recommendations while praising work of charities