Charities are broadening their horizons when it comes to social media. It’s not all about Facebook and Twitter anymore. Google+ is still pretty new to the scene, and a great way to engage with potential donors. Here are some top tips to bear in mind when using Google+:
- Choose a snappy title. Make people want to click on it. Emphasise your main point with asterisks.
- Describe your post. Provide a little bit of text to tease the reader, making them want to read the post even more.
- Ask questions. Challenge your reader. Start a conversation and get people involved. If people comment on the post, reply.
- Include a picture. Images are a great way to get people to click and read your post.
- Use hashtags. But don’t overdo it. Seek out networks which will be interested in your post such as #nptech.
Funding will help to address critical humanitarian problems around the world
Tech for Good programme invites applications to help more charities achieve social change through technology
Colleagues at Shop Direct have raised £210,000 in just 12 months to support the development of a new digital app for Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
New digital investment service for charities will provide access to the biggest selection of charity-specific investment funds