Auctions are a great way for charities to raise money. Yet there are many other techniques to be explored rather than the traditional live auction. In a recent article for the Guardian Voluntary Sector Network, Paul Beck, the managing director at event technology company Bidtech, shares his top five tips to make it a success.
- Bring in a range of items from different price brackets.
- Make use of innovative event technology services to increase fundraising potential and attract sponsors.
- Go paperless. Share event happenings in real-time via tablet computers and big screens to keep people engaged.
- Sell advertising space and sponsorship packages.
- Make it fun. Engage with your audience where possible and keep it lively.
Click here for the full article.
GlobalGiving has announced a three-week programme of free online training on crowdfunding – but only for charities who apply before the 5 October deadline
Increased cloud adoption is being fuelled by cloud-native applications, including security and the Internet of Things (IoT) cloud-based solutions
As readers of this site will no doubt be aware, digital has a massive part to play in the future growth of ... read more
eBay has proved to be one of the more effective ways to engage donors online and raise funds. While a lot of the money raised comes from the sale of goods, successful charities have also managed to establish a donor base that allows them to raise ongoing funds.