Now in its fourth year, Social Media Week is returning to London from 23rd-27th September. Hosted by chinwag, this year’s theme is Open & Connected, reflecting on the global impact of social media and its role as a catalyst in driving cultural, political, economic and social change.
There are 5 events that aim to help you find the good in social media.
- Cancer Research UK will hold a panel session focusing on “Cell Slider”, a game which has created a huge community of Citizen Scientists committed to finding a cure.
- Marketing consultants “All About the Idea” will put issues decided on by the public in front of a panel of online trendsetters and social media leaders.
- The Salesforce “Mic Up” will bring the business and charity sectors together to discuss audience engagement via social media.
- “The Power of Good” will look at the necessity for brands to do good in the community to ensure lasting consumer relationships.
- “Being Good Makes Business Sense” will explore how to use social media with a strong social conscience.
Charities believe corporate fundraising is a key growth area. But recent research by the IoF has revealed that just 7% of charities with a corporate fundraising programme feel that it is “fully developed”. With this in mind, Virgin Money Giving is hosting a series of free live events between 5th and 7th October to help charities grow their corporate fundraising.
Awards celebrate the role film and video content is playing in many charities' marketing mix
Awards recognise individuals’ social media presence and the work done on behalf of their charities
A 32-hour hackathon will bring together young, next generation innovators to contribute to finding an end to world hunger