Social innovation organisation, The Young Foundation, recently released a new report “Amplify: Local campaigning in a digital world” which aims to help community organisations make use of cheap web tools when creating campaigns.
The Young Foundation worked with six small organisations between April 2011 and March 2013 as part of the Building Local Activism programme supported by the Big Lottery Fund (BIG). Organisations were given assistance in creating and running online campaigns using web tools which were free or low cost. The report has produced a helpful toolkit for others.
In a recent article, The Young Foundation brings together five key points for organisations to bear in mind:
- Think about who you want to connect with and how. The way you reach out to people could change a lot depending on who you are targeting.
- Connect with other organisations campaigning for the same thing.
- Keep refreshing the content on your site. Let supporters know exactly what is going on by regular updating your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Keep the pace, ensuring your supporters stay as committed to the cause as you are.
- Reach out to people in positions of power to promote your message. Online tools, such as Twitter, make this easier to do.
Author of the report, Sophie Hostick-Boakye, said: “The emergence of web tools has made reaching decision makers far easier. Technology can help accelerate social progress and by using web tools and targeting people who can change things, local campaigns can be propelled to new places.”
The full report is available to download here.
eBay has proved to be one of the more effective ways to engage donors online and raise funds. While a lot of the money raised comes from the sale of goods, successful charities have also managed to establish a donor base that allows them to raise ongoing funds.
For charities that operate widely, one of the biggest challenges is maintaining a consistent brand identity and producing marketing material quickly, all without breaking the bank
New chief digital officer to drive Barnardo’s digital transformation strategy ensuring digital engagement at all levels internally and externally
Satellite set to deliver free internet connectivity to parts of sub-Saharan Africa destroyed in SpaceX explosion