A good fundraising campaign can succeed in raising significant amounts of money, and reaching donors through different online channels is becoming a popular trend in the sector. Charities are realising the potential of communicating with their demographics through these channels. Below are a few tips to consider when creating your charity’s fundraising strategy.
- Establish how much money you want to raise.
- Think about long term goals, and what you will do with the money.
- Clearly highlight how a donation will positively impact the cause and provide clear examples.
- Plan your time. Create a fundraising calendar to map out the entire process. Outline the different channels such as website donations, telemarketing, social media strategies, fun interactive and online advertising.
- Identify donors. Know which online channels they are using and communicate with them appropriately, such as via Facebook or Twitter.
GlobalGiving has announced a three-week programme of free online training on crowdfunding – but only for charities who apply before the 5 October deadline
Increased cloud adoption is being fuelled by cloud-native applications, including security and the Internet of Things (IoT) cloud-based solutions
As readers of this site will no doubt be aware, digital has a massive part to play in the future growth of ... read more
eBay has proved to be one of the more effective ways to engage donors online and raise funds. While a lot of the money raised comes from the sale of goods, successful charities have also managed to establish a donor base that allows them to raise ongoing funds.