It’s important for charities to have an effective email marketing strategy in place as well as a strong Facebook presence, because supporters are more likely to donate if they are being contacted directly via email.
So how can you get supporters to sign up to your email list?
- Outline the positives. You could offer an e-book, regular tips, or entry into a competition.
- Put an opt-in form on Facebook. Keep it simple and easy to fill in so as not to put off potential donors.
- Accessibility matters, not design. Rather than focusing solely on a fantastic design, think more carefully about font size, content, use of colour and arrows to direct attention.
- Don’t get too personal. Just ask for a name and email address. Other information can always be sourced later on.
- Go mobile. Make the site and email list sign-up form available to view on smartphones.
- Promote your list. Encourage people to sign up by posting and sharing photos.
GlobalGiving has announced a three-week programme of free online training on crowdfunding – but only for charities who apply before the 5 October deadline
Increased cloud adoption is being fuelled by cloud-native applications, including security and the Internet of Things (IoT) cloud-based solutions
As readers of this site will no doubt be aware, digital has a massive part to play in the future growth of ... read more
eBay has proved to be one of the more effective ways to engage donors online and raise funds. While a lot of the money raised comes from the sale of goods, successful charities have also managed to establish a donor base that allows them to raise ongoing funds.