Delivering good digital service is essential to a charity’s success. Organisations should embrace new technologies available to them to improve online engagement. Chief executive of Connect Assist, Patrick Nash, shares his tips to help your charity keep on top of technological trends to maintain a high level of service.
- Accessibility. Offer a number of different ways to donate, opening up the process to as many people as possible. Some of the most successful campaigns gain support through websites, social media channels and online chat. Make it possible for donors to pledge anytime and anywhere.
- Be interactive. Make information clear and easy to access. Set up web chat, email or skype, to allow users to engage with the site’s content.
- Do your research. Know your demographic inside and out. Information can be gained through the use of focus groups and interviews to discover exactly which areas of technology your supporters engage with.
- Review your service. Regularly test the services you offer to users ensure that they are working as they should be. This will overall increase the satisfaction of your demographic.
- Make the most of apps. With over half of all web browsing performed via mobile devices, it would be damaging to underestimate the power of making your service accessible from mobile platforms such as smartphones and tablets. Try an innovative app to engage fundraisers.
GlobalGiving has announced a three-week programme of free online training on crowdfunding – but only for charities who apply before the 5 October deadline
Increased cloud adoption is being fuelled by cloud-native applications, including security and the Internet of Things (IoT) cloud-based solutions
As readers of this site will no doubt be aware, digital has a massive part to play in the future growth of ... read more
eBay has proved to be one of the more effective ways to engage donors online and raise funds. While a lot of the money raised comes from the sale of goods, successful charities have also managed to establish a donor base that allows them to raise ongoing funds.