Charities are realising the potential of mobile and its success in generating support for a cause. Many non-profits are creating mobile-friendly websites, fundraising platforms and innovative apps. Below are five mobile apps which could benefit your organisation.
- DailyFeats enables users to earn points for doing significant acts such as volunteering for a nonprofit.
- Square. This platform allows your charity to receive donations through a tablet or iPhone with the use of a small card reader plugged into the headphone jack.
- Cause.it. This app shares information about your organisation with everyone who has downloaded it. It allows members to sign up for events and bring on other recruits.
- VolunteerMatch. If you need volunteers, this app will help you find them. You can advertise on the app, specifying any skills or interests which are desirable.
- MyWhereAbouts. Users can keep track of their progress and share information through other social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. If taking part in a charity run, supporters can literally view their progress.
Funding will help to address critical humanitarian problems around the world
Tech for Good programme invites applications to help more charities achieve social change through technology
Colleagues at Shop Direct have raised £210,000 in just 12 months to support the development of a new digital app for Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
New digital investment service for charities will provide access to the biggest selection of charity-specific investment funds